News and Announcements
Out of an abundance of caution, PMAHA’s Executive has made the difficult decision to pause all hockey activities effective immediately until Wednesday February 17th, 2021.
This is a voluntary decision taken by PMAHA after carefully considering the relevant factors. Although the pause has not been mandated by Public Health Authorities, PMAHA believes that it is the most appropriate measure in order to minimize risk for players, staff and user groups; and to ensure that we are able to finish the season strongly after a short break.
Please remain vigilant. We expect to communicate again to all parents prior to next Wednesday, thank you for your patience and support in the interim.
On Sat Nov 7, our Provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry announced increased restrictions for the Fraser and Coastal Health regions. These new Provincial Health Orders include new restrictions for indoor sports, including ice hockey.
Effectively immediately, all PMAHA games are cancelled for at least 14 days.
With Port Moody Arenas closed through Tues Nov 10th, practices are also cancelled until at least that day. An update will be provided as soon as we have learned more from the City of Port Moody.
Like other local Hockey Associations, we are also anticipating updates to the City facility guidelines, and updated information from BC Hockey, PCAHA and ViaSport. We will post updated information here, via email and via social media as updates are made available.
On behalf of PMAHA Executive, we hope you are all safe and healthy, and we will provide more information as it becomes available.
Updated: Feb 21 2021
PMAHA Executive has passed a motion to make non-medical masks/face coverings mandatory at all PMAHA events for anyone aged 6 or older.
This policy applies to home & away games and practices and also applies to visiting teams:
- Players are to wear masks on entry to the facility, until helmets are on, and again on exit.
- All team officials (managers, coaches, safety person) are to wear masks at all times
- All parents spectating at practices are to wear masks at all times.
If there is no mask or face covering worn, there will be no entry to the facility.
New player registration for 2020-21 season opens June 29 2020. Here are the details/instructions:
The following will need to be mailed to: 821 Fenwick Place Port Moody BC V3H 1C1
- Completed Registration Form (see registration form here: http://www.pmaha.com/organizations/2936/documents/529971
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of two residential bills ie Property taxes, Port Moody utilities, hydro or gas (cellular phone bills not accepted)
- 2 Cheques: One dated for June 29, 2020 for $50.00 deposit, and a post dated cheque for the remainder of fees dated Sept 1, 2020 (see here for registration fees: http://www.pmaha.com/organizations/2936/pages/122362)
- For players transferring from another association a completed PCAHA Player Transfer form is also required
Cheques payable to PMAHA with player name indicated; registration will not be processed without payment.
All questions about new player registration can be sent to email@example.com.
We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for all returning players for the 2020-21 season.
To register this season, all that is required is a $50 deposit, with flexible payment options provided:
A few notes/reminders regarding registration:
- Details about registration fees and policies can be found here on our website
- Capacity for pre-season camps may be limited due to COVID-19 restrictions. Camp registration will be on a first-come first-served basis. If we cannot meet all registrants a full refund will be given (this does not apply to rep tryouts)
- Registration for new players will be announced soon
Inquiries about registration can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Due to the volume of questions and queries, we will get back to you as soon as we can (thanks for your patience!)