News and Announcements
We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for all returning players.
A few quick notes/reminders:
- Returning players registering before June 22nd will receive the Early Bird rate, so please register ASAP
- Registrations received after June 22nd will be subject to a $50 late registration fee
- Registration for new players is taking place on June 14th
The rate structure for this season takes into account increases to PCAHA & BC Hockey player assessment fees, ice rental fee increase and additional development opportunities. We have also included a $30 mandatory fundraising fee which will go towards building reserves and planning for jersey replacement within the next 2-3 years.
We have a great slate of summer camps and instructors lined up as well. Kurt Dalphond, Justin Mullholland and David Boyce will be leading these camps. Make sure to sign up when you register!
We look forward to welcoming back our returning players and introducing our association to our new registrants.
Inquiries about registration can be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of questions and queries, we will get back to you as soon as we can (thanks for your patience!)
Enjoy your summer, and we look forward to seeing you for the new season!
Good day everyone,
Well the 2017/18 PMAHA season is officially over. I want to thank everyone who came to our Awards Presentation and subsequent AGM last Thursday. It was wonderful to be able to acknowledge our amazing players, coaches, parents and volunteers in the following categories:
- Referee Level 1 – Taylor Duncan
- Referee Level 2 -Mateo Prodanovic
- Todd Ervin Award – Domenico Minici
- Goalie of the Year – Callum Tung
- Team of the Year – Atom C2
- Michael Robinson Award – Nathan Thrift
- Parent of the Year – Lisa Johnston
- Gary Boyle Award – Loris Tommasel
- Inside Edge/Innovative Fitness Award – James Durnin
- Coach of the Year – David Boyce
- Siber Midget Scholarship Award – Colton Campeau
- PMAHA Scholarship Award – Nicholas Barr, Frankie Andrews
- Player of the Year – Mathew Carniel
We also recognized our Banner winners from the seasoAtom C2 PCAHA Banner Winners:
- Atom C2, PCAHA Banner Winners
- Peewee C1, PCAHA Banner Winners
- Peewee A1, PCAHA Presidents Banner
- Midget C3, PCAHA Banner Winners
Congratulations to everyone!
At our AGM this year we elected a number of new Executive members, and I am happy to announce your Executive team for the 2018/19 season:
- President: Sharron Tulk
- 1st VP : Steph Naqvi
- 2nd VP: Allen Wales
- Treasurer: Pam Egan
- Coach Coordinator: Chad Boyko
- Secretary: Karolin Phillips
- Equipment Manager: Tracey Smart
- Ice Scheduler: David Wong
- Communication Manager: Dave Zille
- Risk Manager: Jason Mitchell
- Facilities Manager: Tanya Billingham
And great news: We are happy to have Trevor Nolan back as our Referee-in-Chief.
At this point . This is a critical role, and our association cannot function without one!
Our past registrar is willing and able to work with anyone who would be interested in the role. If you would like to get more information on this role, please contact me directly: email@example.com
Finally – next season’s planning is already under way. Please see important dates below:
- New exec 1st meeting: Monday, May 7 @ 7:00pm, PMAHA Office
- Registration for returning players: May 28 – June 17 (ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY)
- FOR New PMAHA PlayerS: Thursday, June 14 6:30-8:30pm (in person, Curling Lounge)
- REP TEAM TRY OUTS: Saturday, August 25 – Friday, August 31
- Pre Season Camps: Weeks of August 13 & 20th
Have a great summer everyone, and I look forward to seeing you at the rink in August.
The Hockey teams of the Tri-cities will be holding a vigil of support & remembrance and we invite everyone to join and show their support.
Humboldt Strong –
Thurs April 12 8:00-9:00 PM
Poirier Main Arena
633 Poirier St in Coquitlam
Please wear a PoMo hockey jersey if you are able.
The 2017/2018 PMAHA Awards Presentation & Annual General Meeting is set for April 26th and we need you to contribute:
* of events (for the annual year-in-review slideshow), and team photos if you won/win a PCAHA league or playoff banner. Email me directly with photos or links to a cloud storage of your choice. .
* . This is a great chance to recognize someone in your Hockey Association. Absolute . Email me your nominees and a brief rationale for your selection. The executive would like to begin the candidates review as soon as possible so please submit your entries right away.
Award categories are as follows:
Awarded to player based on overall hockey ability, attitude in the sport, desire to succeed, attendance, and performance in school. Exhibits additional efforts towards hockey other than playing, such as refereeing or mentoring of younger players, etc.. – Atom & above
Coach who instills sportsmanship, winning attitude and dedication to their team. Coaches can be from any division and level
The individual must be a player in the Midget division who best exemplifies dedication, a love of the game and a willingness to work hard on his own behalf and for the good of the team. Must display a sense of fairness to both the opposition and his own team. While the ability level of the player should be reasonably good, it should always be taken in context with the above criteria.
Midget player/Referee (must be in grade 11 or 12) who has showed good sportsmanship, leadership and character. Also based on hockey ability and performance, good school grades and community participation.
Player with perspective, determination and dedication. Has managed to overcome an obstacle. – All divisions
Based on yearlong statistics, overall attitude, parental support, community outreach and the ability to overcome obstacles. Atom & up.
Works on behalf of the Executive and Team. Excellent attitude and shows availability to assist when needed.
Overall hockey ability, attitude, desire, attendance, and school results. Exhibits additional efforts towards hockey other than playing, such as refereeing, helping other coaches, etc. – Atom & above
The award goes to the graduating Bantam player that has exemplified an ambition to play at a higher level and has demonstrated this intention through hard work and leadership on his team over the past season.
The award goes to the player who demonstrates leadership, a positive attitude, sportsmanship, and is a community-driven individual – Atom & above
This is a fun time of year for hockey playoffs, especially for our Bantam A1, Midget A1 , and Midget A2 boys as they enter this weekend competing in their Final Four tournaments to earn a spot in their respective BC Hockey Provincial Championships.
Bantam A1-T2 will be in North Delta this weekend and Midget A2-T3 in North Surrey for their respective contests but Midget A1 is hosting the Tier 2 Final Four games right here in Port Moody. Come down to the rink on Friday @ 6pm, Saturday @ 615pm and Sunday @ 645pm to show your support and Panther pride.
Good luck to all three teams this weekend!