News and Announcements
Good day everyone,
Well the 2017/18 PMAHA season is officially over. I want to thank everyone who came to our Awards Presentation and subsequent AGM last Thursday. It was wonderful to be able to acknowledge our amazing players, coaches, parents and volunteers in the following categories:
- Referee Level 1 – Taylor Duncan
- Referee Level 2 -Mateo Prodanovic
- Todd Ervin Award – Domenico Minici
- Goalie of the Year – Callum Tung
- Team of the Year – Atom C2
- Michael Robinson Award – Nathan Thrift
- Parent of the Year – Lisa Johnston
- Gary Boyle Award – Loris Tommasel
- Inside Edge/Innovative Fitness Award – James Durnin
- Coach of the Year – David Boyce
- Siber Midget Scholarship Award – Colton Campeau
- PMAHA Scholarship Award – Nicholas Barr, Frankie Andrews
- Player of the Year – Mathew Carniel
We also recognized our Banner winners from the seasoAtom C2 PCAHA Banner Winners:
- Atom C2, PCAHA Banner Winners
- Peewee C1, PCAHA Banner Winners
- Peewee A1, PCAHA Presidents Banner
- Midget C3, PCAHA Banner Winners
Congratulations to everyone!
At our AGM this year we elected a number of new Executive members, and I am happy to announce your Executive team for the 2018/19 season:
- President: Sharron Tulk
- 1st VP : Steph Naqvi
- 2nd VP: Allen Wales
- Treasurer: Pam Egan
- Coach Coordinator: Chad Boyko
- Secretary: Karolin Phillips
- Equipment Manager: Tracey Smart
- Ice Scheduler: David Wong
- Communication Manager: Dave Zille
- Risk Manager: Jason Mitchell
- Facilities Manager: Tanya Billingham
And great news: We are happy to have Trevor Nolan back as our Referee-in-Chief.
At this point . This is a critical role, and our association cannot function without one!
Our past registrar is willing and able to work with anyone who would be interested in the role. If you would like to get more information on this role, please contact me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finally – next season’s planning is already under way. Please see important dates below:
- New exec 1st meeting: Monday, May 7 @ 7:00pm, PMAHA Office
- Registration for returning players: May 28 – June 17 (ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY)
- FOR New PMAHA PlayerS: Thursday, June 14 6:30-8:30pm (in person, Curling Lounge)
- REP TEAM TRY OUTS: Saturday, August 25 – Friday, August 31
- Pre Season Camps: Weeks of August 13 & 20th
Have a great summer everyone, and I look forward to seeing you at the rink in August.
The Hockey teams of the Tri-cities will be holding a vigil of support & remembrance and we invite everyone to join and show their support.
Humboldt Strong –
Thurs April 12 8:00-9:00 PM
Poirier Main Arena
633 Poirier St in Coquitlam
Please wear a PoMo hockey jersey if you are able.
The 2017/2018 PMAHA Awards Presentation & Annual General Meeting is set for April 26th and we need you to contribute:
* of events (for the annual year-in-review slideshow), and team photos if you won/win a PCAHA league or playoff banner. Email me directly with photos or links to a cloud storage of your choice. .
* . This is a great chance to recognize someone in your Hockey Association. Absolute . Email me your nominees and a brief rationale for your selection. The executive would like to begin the candidates review as soon as possible so please submit your entries right away.
Award categories are as follows:
Awarded to player based on overall hockey ability, attitude in the sport, desire to succeed, attendance, and performance in school. Exhibits additional efforts towards hockey other than playing, such as refereeing or mentoring of younger players, etc.. – Atom & above
Coach who instills sportsmanship, winning attitude and dedication to their team. Coaches can be from any division and level
The individual must be a player in the Midget division who best exemplifies dedication, a love of the game and a willingness to work hard on his own behalf and for the good of the team. Must display a sense of fairness to both the opposition and his own team. While the ability level of the player should be reasonably good, it should always be taken in context with the above criteria.
Midget player/Referee (must be in grade 11 or 12) who has showed good sportsmanship, leadership and character. Also based on hockey ability and performance, good school grades and community participation.
Player with perspective, determination and dedication. Has managed to overcome an obstacle. – All divisions
Based on yearlong statistics, overall attitude, parental support, community outreach and the ability to overcome obstacles. Atom & up.
Works on behalf of the Executive and Team. Excellent attitude and shows availability to assist when needed.
Overall hockey ability, attitude, desire, attendance, and school results. Exhibits additional efforts towards hockey other than playing, such as refereeing, helping other coaches, etc. – Atom & above
The award goes to the graduating Bantam player that has exemplified an ambition to play at a higher level and has demonstrated this intention through hard work and leadership on his team over the past season.
The award goes to the player who demonstrates leadership, a positive attitude, sportsmanship, and is a community-driven individual – Atom & above
This is a fun time of year for hockey playoffs, especially for our Bantam A1, Midget A1 , and Midget A2 boys as they enter this weekend competing in their Final Four tournaments to earn a spot in their respective BC Hockey Provincial Championships.
Bantam A1-T2 will be in North Delta this weekend and Midget A2-T3 in North Surrey for their respective contests but Midget A1 is hosting the Tier 2 Final Four games right here in Port Moody. Come down to the rink on Friday @ 6pm, Saturday @ 615pm and Sunday @ 645pm to show your support and Panther pride.
Good luck to all three teams this weekend!
I’ll tell ya why you should go…
Recognition of Achievements
Come find out who won and cheer on and celebrate the recipients of the PMAHA Achievement Awards and team banners. And although Sharron hasn’t asked me to put one together yet, the year-in-review slideshow is always a hit. Call for nominations and slideshow photos will be going out soon so stay tuned!
The purpose of the AGM is to give its members a report on the association’s activities and finances for the previous season, and to allow time for members to ask questions. It is the perfect place to address the association on association-related matters. Come be part of the process.
Executive Board Renewal
There are many reasons why someone would volunteer for the exec. For me, it was a chance to give back to a group that has given me and my 3 kids the experiences that we will remember for the rest of their lives. I am very proud of this exec group but there is always room for new perspective. I ask you to find your reason why you will step forward and reach out to Sharron directly (email@example.com). The following positions are up for re-election:
- 2nd VP
- Risk Manager
- Communications Manager
- Coach Coordinator
- Ice Coordinator
- Tournament Coordinator
The AGM is in the Inlet Theatre on Thursday, April 26 at 6pm. See you all there.