News and Announcements
We are proud to host the annual PMAHA Bantam Turkey Tourney this weekend!
Here is a link to a full schedule and scoreboard: http://www.pmaha.com/leagues/11626
Hello PMAHA Parents!
Although we are still in the midst of our warm summer, camps and tryouts are upon us soon. The countdown to the season is on!
1) Camps: If your player is registered for a camp, you should have received a reminder about that camp last week with a confirmation of dates and times. If you did not receive such a notification, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
2) Rep Tryouts: Division coordinators have reached out to all those registered in rep tryouts with details and a full schedule. If you did not receive this information, please follow up with your coordinator as follows:
3) PMAHA Gear for sale: Did you know that we have PMAHA hockey bags and water bottles for sale? If you are interested please e-mail email@example.com (cut out the middleman – all proceeds support PMAHA of course!)
Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your summer!
We are now accepting application forms for both NEW and RETURNING on-ice officials to referee games and tournaments in Port Moody. You can find the application form here:
Please print out the application, scan it and send your completed application forms to Trevor Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15th.
New officials will be informed of successful applications by September 1st.
We are pleased to announce that registration is now open for all returning players.
A few quick notes/reminders:
- Returning players registering before June 22nd will receive the Early Bird rate, so please register ASAP
- Registrations received after June 22nd will be subject to a $50 late registration fee
- Registration for new players is taking place on June 14th
The rate structure for this season takes into account increases to PCAHA & BC Hockey player assessment fees, ice rental fee increase and additional development opportunities. We have also included a $30 mandatory fundraising fee which will go towards building reserves and planning for jersey replacement within the next 2-3 years.
We have a great slate of summer camps and instructors lined up as well. Kurt Dalphond, Justin Mullholland and David Boyce will be leading these camps. Make sure to sign up when you register!
We look forward to welcoming back our returning players and introducing our association to our new registrants.
Inquiries about registration can be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of questions and queries, we will get back to you as soon as we can (thanks for your patience!)
Enjoy your summer, and we look forward to seeing you for the new season!
Good day everyone,
Well the 2017/18 PMAHA season is officially over. I want to thank everyone who came to our Awards Presentation and subsequent AGM last Thursday. It was wonderful to be able to acknowledge our amazing players, coaches, parents and volunteers in the following categories:
- Referee Level 1 – Taylor Duncan
- Referee Level 2 -Mateo Prodanovic
- Todd Ervin Award – Domenico Minici
- Goalie of the Year – Callum Tung
- Team of the Year – Atom C2
- Michael Robinson Award – Nathan Thrift
- Parent of the Year – Lisa Johnston
- Gary Boyle Award – Loris Tommasel
- Inside Edge/Innovative Fitness Award – James Durnin
- Coach of the Year – David Boyce
- Siber Midget Scholarship Award – Colton Campeau
- PMAHA Scholarship Award – Nicholas Barr, Frankie Andrews
- Player of the Year – Mathew Carniel
We also recognized our Banner winners from the seasoAtom C2 PCAHA Banner Winners:
- Atom C2, PCAHA Banner Winners
- Peewee C1, PCAHA Banner Winners
- Peewee A1, PCAHA Presidents Banner
- Midget C3, PCAHA Banner Winners
Congratulations to everyone!
At our AGM this year we elected a number of new Executive members, and I am happy to announce your Executive team for the 2018/19 season:
- President: Sharron Tulk
- 1st VP : Steph Naqvi
- 2nd VP: Allen Wales
- Treasurer: Pam Egan
- Coach Coordinator: Chad Boyko
- Secretary: Karolin Phillips
- Equipment Manager: Tracey Smart
- Ice Scheduler: David Wong
- Communication Manager: Dave Zille
- Risk Manager: Jason Mitchell
- Facilities Manager: Tanya Billingham
And great news: We are happy to have Trevor Nolan back as our Referee-in-Chief.
At this point . This is a critical role, and our association cannot function without one!
Our past registrar is willing and able to work with anyone who would be interested in the role. If you would like to get more information on this role, please contact me directly: email@example.com
Finally – next season’s planning is already under way. Please see important dates below:
- New exec 1st meeting: Monday, May 7 @ 7:00pm, PMAHA Office
- Registration for returning players: May 28 – June 17 (ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY)
- FOR New PMAHA PlayerS: Thursday, June 14 6:30-8:30pm (in person, Curling Lounge)
- REP TEAM TRY OUTS: Saturday, August 25 – Friday, August 31
- Pre Season Camps: Weeks of August 13 & 20th
Have a great summer everyone, and I look forward to seeing you at the rink in August.