Call for Award Nominations and Photos
Thank you to everyone – players, parents, coaches, and all of our volunteers for persevering through what has been a season to remember for all of us during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are looking forward to celebrating the season at our annual Awards presentation, which will take place May 19 at 7 PM online via Zoom.
Please submit your nominations for various awards using the nomination form below:
Deadline for submissions is Fri April 2nd. Award categories are as follows:
- Manager of the Year: Awarded to a Team Manager who exhibits a positive team spirit, above and beyond the call of duty.
- Player of the Year (U11/Atom & above): Awarded to a player based on overall hockey ability, attitude in the sport, desire to succeed, attendance, and performance in school. Exhibits additional efforts towards hockey other than playing, such as refereeing or mentoring of younger players, etc.
- Coach of the Year: Coach who instills sportsmanship, winning attitude and dedication to their team. Coaches can be from any division and level.
- Todd Ervin Award: The individual must be a player in the Midget division who best exemplifies dedication, a love of the game and a willingness to work hard on his own behalf and for the good of the team. Must display a sense of fairness to both the opposition and his own team. While the ability level of the player should be reasonably good, it should always be taken in context with the above criteria.
- PMAHA Scholarship Award: Midget player/Referee (must be in grade 11 or 12) who has showed good sportsmanship, leadership and character. Also based on hockey ability and performance, good school grades and community participation. (Please note: A separate essay written by the student nominated must be submitted in addition to the nomination)
- Michael Robinson Award: Player with perspective, determination and dedication. Has managed to overcome an obstacle. – All divisions
- Team of the Year A and C (U11/Atom & above): Based on overall attitude, uplifting spirit, parental support, community outreach and the ability to overcome obstacles
- “Walter Gretzky” Parent of the Year: Works on behalf of the Executive and Team. Excellent attitude and shows availability to assist when needed (this award was recently renamed in recognition of Walter Gretzky)
- Goalie of the Year (U11/Atom & above): Overall hockey ability, attitude, desire, attendance, and school results. Exhibits additional efforts towards hockey other than playing, such as refereeing, helping other coaches, etc
- Inside Edge/Innovative Fitness Development Award: The award goes to the graduating Bantam player that has exemplified an ambition to play at a higher level and has demonstrated this intention through hard work and leadership on his team over the past season.
Again, here is the link to the nomination form:
Photos and video clips wanted:
We would love your pictures and videos of your team’s “socially distanced” experiences this past season for the annual awards slideshow. Please send via e-mail or via your favorite sharing application (Dropbox, Google drive, etc) to email@example.com